AFCA Membership Application
With its foothold in Asia, AFCA follows the philosophy of openness and inclusiveness. AFCA’s members are primarily financial institutions, financial industry associations, relevant professional service agencies and influential executives and senior experts in Asian countries and regions. Meanwhile, similar financial institutions and experts beyond Asia are also welcomed to join AFCA. Up to now, 102 financial institutions from 27 countries and regions in Asia, America, Europe, Africa and Oceania have confirmed to join AFCA as founding members, covering banking, security, insurance, fund, assets management, financial education, financial services and other sectors. Institutions and experts in Asia and beyond with influence as well as willingness to comply with AFCA’s Articles are welcomed to join AFCA.
Scope of Business
(1) To organize forums and seminars to discuss issues of common concerns in the international financial community and exchange optimal financial practices and research achievements;
(2) To build a mechanism for daily communication, promote sharing of experiences and business contact among various types of members in different regions, and jointly maintain stabilization of regional economy and finance;
(3) To coordinate communication between members and related regional monetary policy and regulatory authorities, regarding topical issues of regional and global financial regulatory policies and potential regional systematic financial risks;
(4) To promote connectivity in regional financial infrastructure and cooperation in key financial activities, crackdowns against financial crimes and prevention and control of financial risks;
(5) To work toward the consensus of green finance, introduce optimal experiences of green finance, coordinate the work to build a green finance system, help to form supporting policies of green finance, improve regional and international cooperation in green finance, and empower financial institutions to engage in green investment and finance and manage environmental risks;
(6) To accelerate innovation and development of inclusive finance, promote the integration of finance and technology, enhance financing capacity of small and medium-sized enterprises, promote social business lawfully and good samples of inclusive finance, and improve awareness of social responsibility among relevant members;
(7) To work toward the establishment of a system to protection financial consumers’ rights and interests, enhance effectively the education of financial consumers, and guide relevant members to build a long-term mechanism to protect consumers’ rights and interests;
(8) To integrate regional financial statistical data, establish a relevant Big Data System, and put it into use;
(9) To release research reports on regional finance and build regional relevant think tanks;
(10) To promote mutual recognition of relevant professional qualifications across regions, and help organize high-level training programs on financial business; and
(11) Other duties to be assumed by AFCA.
How to Join
Please complete the AFCA Membership Application Form and submit it to the AFCA’s Membership Affairs Department. The AFCA will then verify the eligibility of your organization and provide further information. You will be formally accepted after your membership application is reviewed and approved by AFCA’s Board of Directors.
AFCA Membership Application Form，download link
1. What are the types of AFCA membership?
AFCA members consist of institutional members and individual members. Institutional members primarily include financial institutions, financial industry associations and relevant professional services agencies from Asian countries and regions. Individual members mainly comprise executives and senior specialists with significant influence in financial fields in the region.
Financial institutions beyond Asia are also welcome to join in AFCA.
Types of institutional members:
- Commercial banks
- Investment banks
- Securities companies
- Fund companies
- Asset management companies
- Insurance companies
- Multinational corporations
- Consulting companies
- Multilateral agencies
- Financial industry associations
- Law firms
- Central banks
- Rating agencies
2. What qualifications do you need to apply for AFCA’s membership?
(1) To support and comply with AFCA’s Articles;
(2) To voluntarily apply for AFCA’s membership;
(3) To have significant influence in their professional field; and
(4) Other conditions required by AFCA.
3. What is the procedure of applying for AFCA membership?
(1) To submit the Application Form;
(2) To be approved by the Board of Directors; and
(3) To be granted with membership certifications by the Board of Directors.
4. What are the benefits of AFCA membership?
(1) The right to vote and to be elected.
(2) The right to speak and make proposals at relevant conferences of AFCA;
(3) To participate in activities organized by AFCA;
(4) To access to services provided by AFCA with priority;
(5) To supervise work of AFCA and give criticism and suggestions;
(6) To voluntarily join in or withdraw from AFCA; and
(7) Other rights granted by AFCA.
5. What obligations do members need to fulfill?
(1) To comply with AFCA’s Articles, and enforce its resolutions;
(2) To protect AFCA’s legal rights and interests, and protect members’ common interests;
(3) To actively assist with AFCA’s work and participate in AFCA’s activities;
(4) To complete AFCA’s work;
(5) To pay membership fees as stipulated;
(6) To present documents to AFCA that are not assumed to be business secretes by most people; and
(7) Other obligations to be fulfilled by members.